Ogden Utah Temple

The Ogden Utah Temple is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' sixteenth built and fourteenth running temple. The Ogden Utah Temple, which takes up an entire city block on Washington Boulevard, serves as a religious focal point for downtown Ogden (US Highway 89). It was built with a modern, single-spire design like the Provo Utah Temple in Ogden, Utah, when it was first built.

The historic Ogden Tabernacle, finished in 1956, is located on the same block as the temple and is the Church's final tabernacle. Large water features, lush trees, and beautiful landscaping adorn the temple grounds.

Due to overcrowding in the Salt Lake, Manti, and Logan temples, the temples in Ogden and Provo were planned. The Ogden Temple has a membership of around 135,000 people. On August 24, 1967, the church revealed its desire to build a temple in Ogden. A cornerstone-laying ceremony took place on September 7, 1970. The temple will be built on a 10-acre plot of land known as Tabernacle Square, which has been owned by the church since the neighborhood was founded.

It was built first in Utah after the Salt Lake Temple was built in 1893 and Utah became a state in 1896. The Ogden Temple was dedicated by church president Joseph Fielding Smith on January 18, 1972, just weeks before the Provo Temple was dedicated.

The Ogden Temple had a total area of 115,000 square feet and four stories, one of which was below ground. There were six ordinance chambers and eleven sealing rooms in the temple. The temple's stone was fluted, and between the stones, beautiful metal grillwork was placed. The temple's splendor was enhanced by gold windows with directional glass.

The nearby historic Ogden Tabernacle, which was the Church's final tabernacle, has also undergone alterations, including the removal of its steeple, which gives the temple more prominence. The above-ground parking structure was replaced by a two-level surface and subterranean parking structure with 464 parking slots. The temple's whole landscape was changed, with two new water features on each side.

It will be 50 years this year, in 2022, since The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints first opened the doors of the Ogden Utah Temple. President of the Ogden Temple, Donald Jack Keyes, is set to speak at a ceremony workers' anniversary event. Glenn Mower has been a member of the church since 1974.

Weber State University
PPF Ogden
1248 N 2430 W Unit B2
Clinton, UT 84015
(801) 896 9538
service@armoredclearbra.com
Armored Clear Bra PPF offers Vehicle Window Tint, paint protection, and auto detailing for all types of vehicles in Utah

ARMORED CLEAR BRA PPF

Follow us on social media!

Armored Clear Bra PPF Services

Introducing Revolution Vinyl, a Sister Company to Armored Clear Bra PPF

Copyright © 2021 Armored Clear Bra PPF
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram