Bigelow-Ben Lomond Hotel Ogden UT

The Bigelow Hotel was a historic hotel in Ogden, UT, located at 2510 Washington Blvd. The hotel's position on the east end of 25th Street has a long history, dating back to the completion of the First Transcontinental Railroad in 1869, when Union Station opened on the west end of 25th Street.

The Reed Hotel was erected in 1891 and was known as the Bigelow Hotel at the time. In 1927, the hotel was entirely renovated to make it fireproof and comply with current safety rules. The hotel was renamed the Bigelow Hotel after it was expanded to eleven stories. Despite the development of a number of smaller hotels and apartments in Ogden, Junction City's growth in the mid-1920s necessitated the construction of a magnificent hotel and convention center. Soon after, a new group was formed with 300 owners and a board of directors made up of well-known business people.

The Bigelow was purchased by Marriner S. Eccles in 1933, and the name was changed to the Ben Lomond Hotel, which it remained for more than 40 years. One of the property's later owners was Weber County, which used the hotel to house administrative functions. The hotel was renovated in the mid-1980s and became part of the Radisson network.

The hotel was refurbished in the 1980s and converted into a 120-suite condo-hotel. The hotel's crystal chandeliers, ornate ceilings, and marble flooring are still there today. It has been added to the National Historic Register of Historic Places. Hodgson & McClenahan designed the original structure. The Ogden High School, the Egyptian Theatre, and the Forest Service Building were also designed by them. The hotel's design was influenced by Italian architecture from the 15th and 16th centuries.

There are 23 executive suites, 6 two-bedroom suites, 58 standard suites, and 12 short-stay suites with full kitchens on the 11th level of the Bigelow Hotel. It also includes event facilities that can accommodate up to 300 people for parties. The hotel also features a business center and a teleconference service, which will please business travelers.

In 1990, it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is notable for its architectural significance in the Italian Renaissance Revival style and as the site of historical events. The hotel was part of the Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels. It was renamed The Bigelow Apartments in 2019.

Historic 25th Street
Vehicle PPF Ogden
1248 N 2430 W Unit B2
Clinton, UT 84015
(801) 896 9538
service@armoredclearbra.com
Armored Clear Bra PPF offers Vehicle Window Tint, paint protection, and auto detailing for all types of vehicles in Utah

ARMORED CLEAR BRA PPF

Follow us on social media!

Armored Clear Bra PPF Services

Introducing Revolution Vinyl, a Sister Company to Armored Clear Bra PPF

Copyright © 2021 Armored Clear Bra PPF
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram